4.3
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 18, 2017

RC Willey management stepped in and went above and beyond make sure I was satisfied. Thank-you RC Willey and the GM of the Draper store. You will have a continued loyal customer.

Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2017

I have purchased thousands of dollars of furniture from RC Willey over the years. I have been quite happy with them and their products up to now.

However my most recent purchase of a new living room set (almost two months ago) has me thinking it is time to find another furniture place to shop. Our son (15 year old - 140 bounds) leaned against the back of the love seat and the top wood snapped. I was shocked that it broke so easily. My wife and I were both standing there talking to him when it broke.

So we all witnessed how easily it broke. I called RC Willey and they said there would send someone out to evaluate it. The individual came out and said he could not repair it onsite. He asked what we would like done as the furniture was new.

I said I would like it exchanged as I now have no confidence in the whole set, that I was worried now that any time anyone leaned on it, it could break. He said he would put in that we would like it exchanged. Did not promise anything but said he would write it up that way. He said someone would contact me the next day.

No one did. I finally called and they said we can send someone to pick up the one piece for repair. I again explained the situation and said I wanted it replaced. They said they could not do it.

To me it seems after spending so much money, they would want to keep me as a customer, but apparently not. They gave no way to appear the decision and said it was what it was. I have had no problem or ever complained in over 20 years of doing business with them.

I guess it is time to move on to some other company that backs up what they sell. You would think 2K in furniture would not have such problems.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Policy on broken new furniture.

Comments

rcwilley
Rc Willey Home Furnishings Verified Representative

Kevin,

Thank you for the update to your complaint. I'm glad that our managers were able to help take care of you. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.

Adam Young

Social Media/Online Reputation Manager

RC Willey Corporate Offices

complaints@rcwilley.com

rcwilley
Rc Willey Home Furnishings Verified Representative

Kevin,

I'm sorry about the issue with your furniture. I found your account and will follow up with our management to review your concerns and will have them follow up with you.

Adam Young